Tuesday, September 15, 2015

My Secret Garden

September has a lot of wonderful feasts dedicated to Mary:  September 8th is Mary's Birthday, September 12th is dedicated to her holy name, and today we celebrate the feast of Mary under the title of Our Lady of Sorrows.  So I thought this might be a perfect time to share my secret dream come true.

When I was young I had a secret dream that someday I would plant a "Mary Garden" and grow flowers that would remind everyone who saw them of Mary and all the wonderful qualities we can learn from her.  Well finally my dream came true.  Three years ago I began planting my Mary Garden.  Today I have over 100 different types of flowers that bloom from early spring to late fall.  From each flower we can learn about Mary and the special qualities she possesses. 

I would like to take you on a tour of my secret Mary Garden where you will see white fall clematis and scarlet Rebecca clematis, clinging to an arbor and reminding us of Mary's fidelity to Jesus as she clung to His cross on Good Friday.  You will also see chrysanthemums that symbolize joyful reassurance, and purple asters that symbolize loyalty and love.  And many other flowers.

Please notice the beautiful large arbor and patio block path, which a Maine South Eagle Scout and his team built as their project this spring.  These expanded my dream beyond what I ever imagined.

So never stop dreaming.  Some dreams can take years to come true, but as the song goes:  " If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme."


No comments:

Post a Comment