Sunday, January 4, 2015

Spotlight on Sister Mary Patricia Volz, C.R.

As we continue the celebration of the Year of Consecrated Life, we put the spotlight on Sister Mary Patricia Volz, C.R.  At Resurrection College Prep High School Sister Patricia is well known as one of the bus drivers and probably the most loyal Bandit sports fan.  One of Sister's greatest joys is driving the Bandits to their sporting events and cheering them on to do their very best.  At home in the convent she is known for doing little things to make holidays special like baking delicious gingerbread cookies for Saint Nicholas Day, Paczki, delicious coffee cakes and breads!

Question:  Sister Mary Patricia, where were you born?
Answer:  I was born at Immanuel-St. Joseph Hospital in Mankato, Minnesota.

Question:  Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Answer:   Yes, I have:

  • two brothers James and Roger, 
  • three sisters, Kathryn, Linda and Ann, and 
  • three step-brothers and two step sisters: Colleen, Steve, Jeff, Kelly and Noelle.
Question:  When did you first feel a call to be a Sister?
Answer:    I first felt God calling me when I was in 1st grade.  On the first day of school at
                  age six I told my bus driver that I was going to be a sister.

Question:  What was one of the most memorable moments in your religious life?
Answer:    The most memorable moment in my religious life was participating in the International
                   Renewal in Rome where I met sisters of the Resurrection from all over  
                   the world and had the opportunity to spend several weeks with them.
Question:  What interesting information can you share with us that few people know about you?
Answer:    I love horses and gazing at the night sky and the stars.

Sr. Mary Patricia and her brother

Graduation Picture

Sr. Mary Patricia, her Mom & Dad directly behind her & her two brothers & three sisters

Sr. Mary Patricia cooking with Sr. Agnes
Sr. Mary Patricia, C.R. - today

No comments:

Post a Comment