Saturday, November 29, 2014

The December Spotlight is on Sr. Paulette, C.R.

As we continue to celebrate the Year Honoring Consecrated Life, December's spotlight is being put on Sister Paulette.  Sister Paulette lives up to her name which means, little Paul.  Like Saint Paul, Sister is small in stature but like Paul she has a huge impact on the lives of the people she meets and works with.  Sister Paulette fills the world around her with smiles, kind words, and lots of care.  She is always ready to lend a hand or promise a prayer.  Lets learn more about Sister Paulette.

Question:  Sister Paulette, where were you born?
Answer:  Saint Anthony's Hospital in Chicago.

Question:  Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Answer:  I had a stepbrother, Richard, who is now deceased.

Question:  When did you first feel a call to be a Sister?
Answer:  I first felt a sense of God calling me when I was in the 2nd grade.  Twenty-two years later I really knew this is what God was calling me to and I decided to give my whole life to Him.

Question:  What was one of the most memorable moments in your religious life?
Answer:  The day of my final vows was the most memorable day of my life.  On that day I learned how important it is to live one day at a time.  One day is all we can handle because that is all God asks of us and He gives us the grace needed for only one day at a time.

Question:  What interesting information can you share with us that few people know about you?
Answer:  Few people know that before I entered the convent I was an I.B.M key punch operator.  Also, a lot of people don't know that I enjoy art and love animals.

Sr. Paulette when she was 5years old
Sr. Paulette, her brother Richard & his wife

Sr. Paulette today - assistant in the front
office & in the lunch room
Resurrection College Prep High School 

Sr. Paulette when she worked in Day Care

No comments:

Post a Comment